POET Technologies Inc.

Money
almost 8 years ago
in response to fairchijisback's message

And if they get an NRE based on an optical engine that changes the way everyone does optical integration.......what do you think that NRE will be in 2017?

Probably the same amount that we thought we would be getting when they told us NRE was coming in 2016 and/or the same amount that we thought we would be getting when they told us NRE was coming in 2015.

The key words are "And if they get an NRE". And yes, if they get one for the optical engine I think it will be very significant.

You can make reference to what Suresh has said at the THM, in the news releases and the most recent Corporate Presentation for facts, but it is difficult to understand/believe what the facts actually are.

Look at what was said in the August 30, 2016 news release a mere 6 weeks prior to the latest corporate presentation....

Outlook for Second Half of 2016
POET expects revenue in the second half of 2016 to exceed $2,000,000, driven primarily by the increased sales of sensor products weighted toward the end of the year. The Company is unlocking the potential of a newly acquired portfolio of products, technology, fab operations, and customer base through investments in growth markets. POET plans to announce several new products in the second half of the year, which is expected to support continued growth into 2017. The Company also expects the DenseLight business unit to reach positive operating cash flow by the first quarter of 2017, helping to fund POET’s future product roadmap.

These facts have changed - Denselight is to be cash flow positive by 2H2017 now.

We have heard about new products, a denselight product in early September and those products tied to the Luxmux, are those the products being referred to in the news release? I am still thinking they will be releasing these new products by the end of the year - I don't think they have told us not to expect them? or have they somewhere?

I am hopeful that the November 28th update has something positive.......heck I would welcome positive news before then too.

Please login to post a reply
disco68
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/21/2014
Social Links
Private Message