POET Technologies Inc.

Money
almost 8 years ago
in response to disco68's message

We will learn what the cash position of Poet is Nov.28th. It should be good, I suspect as they supposedly had some cash in the bank before this public offering, and a lot of warrants were exercised in the past few months.

But I worry that they will blow it all on DenseLight. I know DenseLight has increased their staff, which indicates to me that they need more money on an on-going basis than ever.

I hope they haven't given up on the VCSEL, in which case the future is not what it was, I hope and trust they are still working on it. Without the VCSEL, Poet is DenseLight. A small company trying to produce specialized photonic based products in a crowded market place. The IR detector, for example, does not really have an application in consumer products, but would be sold and used in industrial and military products. But I'm not sure if that is enough to sustain even this low market cap. They did promise other products, - still waiting. Sales of any product they might develope would be very slow at first. That is normal until it's worth and acceptance is established. That could take a long time. And meantime, the finances are dwindling.

Much of the speculative aspect of Poet, which supported the stock price for a long time, was the prospect of the VCSEL. In one way I hope this aspect has been completely removed now, and if/when they do have success, the stock price will get a big boost. I'd be happy to just break even.

So, hoping for a miracle.

Please login to post a reply
phil-v
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2013
Social Links