Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
Re: ronran
over 16 years ago
over 16 years ago
over 16 years ago
Re: Borrwdo
over 16 years ago
Re:'584
over 16 years ago
Re:'584
over 16 years ago
SGE.....
over 16 years ago
uvagrad....
over 16 years ago
biomed....
over 16 years ago
@ B-Lunist
over 16 years ago
gcduck
over 16 years ago
opty....
over 16 years ago
Re: Ron :
over 16 years ago
Opty....
over 16 years ago
SGE.....
over 16 years ago
Paul
over 16 years ago
in response to ronran's message

I'm going to provide a little discussion for your consideration.  I don't expect to change your opinion, but only to give some things to consider, and maybe bring home where Paul and I are coming from.

In your perception, was every licensee we've acquired to date a "draw" (no winner, no loser)? 

Virtually every aspect is the same - there was a negotiation, the parties settled on a number, and a license was granted.  We got varying amounts of money, and lived to pursue other infringers. 

With the Js, the exact same thing ultimately happened.  The settlement was "out of court".  There was a negotiation, the parties settled on a number, and a license was granted.  We undoubtedly got consideration$ in some amount (which doesn't really matter), and we live to pursue other infringers.

Now, I would bet dollars to donuts that almost everyone on this board would agree that every licensing agreement that has been accomplished to date was a "win".  Even if the dollars are perceived as small, it is still considered a "win", even if we think we coulda/shoulda won more (how big a win).  I have never seen anyone, yourself included, declare that any one of our licensing agreements was a "loss", or a "draw".  But in strict legal terms, every one of them was a "draw" - no winner, no loser.

Though there was a courtroom in the background in TX, and perhaps a Mediator prodding things along, everything else is EXACTLY the same.  Especially the outcome.  A Licensing Agreement IS a settlement.  And per you, a settlement is a "draw" - no winner, no loser.

And each Licensing Agreement is a feather in our cap.  And we live to pursue others.  And I cannot overemphasize that last point - we live to pursue others. 

The only way we could have been a loser in TX is if we'd gone to court and the Js had prevailed, and in such a way that an appeal would be fruitless.  We could not then effectively pursue other supposed infringers, unless of course this example outcome was determined because no products of the defendants were proven to infringe.

So I again ask the question: to your way of thinking, was every one of the 30+ License Agreements accomplished to date a "draw"? 

And I ask that everyone else pose the same question to themselves.  Was every license a "draw"?  Then where'd all that money come from?  And why isn't PTSC still trading at 3.5 cents?

JMHO, based on fact.

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined