e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
Who blinked?
about 15 years ago
Samsung Bubble
about 15 years ago
Re: Who blinked?
about 15 years ago
Re: Samsung Bubble
about 15 years ago
Re: Who blinked? SS
about 15 years ago
Markman - jefother
about 15 years ago
in response to jefother's message

Jef...

Obviously, this was not a case we want $50 Million; no we will give $10; no file your Motions, and on the way to Markman, they split the difference and settled.

The fact they are asking for another 30 days to work out the details of the terms of the settlement tells me there is more going on here...

I totally agree that any settlement in such cases is better than going to trial in view of the changing law as the Courts struggle to balance the competing equities in very complex litigations that in addition to the parties' interests affect serious political and social issues...

For example the SANDISK vs. STMICROELECTRONICS case was a 9th Circuit Decision, and I am not sure if the Supreme Court denied a hearing on it. Either way, as you note, lawyers like DM who are in the fore front of Making Law in their field have a knack of knowing what issues are coming up before the Supreme Court, and that may be a factor in this settlement.

On the otherhand, I have not given up on the idea that EDIG as the 58the company part of Samsung Conglamorate makes great sense. When one considers the the push by Samsung to dominate the FLASH market and anything that uses FLASH, EDIG as part of Samsung is a logical fit, and those are the "Details" they are sorting out for the next 30 days...

Gil...

Please login to post a reply
Minister
City
Santa Rosa, CA
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/22/2005