Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Tax loss sellers
almost 13 years ago
assays
almost 13 years ago
in response to B-Jay's message

B-Jay, can you explain that comment about the tax loss sellers? Tax loss trading can be done any day before the end of the calendar year (with that date based on settlements, so it's actually three business days before the last day that the exchange is open).

Considering the run-up last month, I doubt that there was a lot of tax-loss selling. True, there has to be a seller for every buyer, but I feel that when there is sudden price appreciation and rumours of drilling a new target, people aren't about to suddenly sell for the tax advantages until they absolutely have to. If I was in that sort of position, I'd probably wait until almost December 23rd or 28th, whatever the third-last day is, to unload a position. In the meantime, I'd be hoping for some sort of Christmas suprise news release.

Please login to post a reply
MarlboroDog
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2007
Social Links
Private Message