Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to MISFIT1's message

Hi Misfit,

Your write:

"Nickel is still 75% lower than it was in August 2007 so please temper the outrageous predictions with this fact, combined with the 20% dilution since that time. Still, this holds amazing long term value and we will see $7 again. The price of Nickel, copper, and PGMs will need to double by then IMO. Not bashing, just being an economist in the midst of the excitement."

I have to say that this time I just don't agree with the "outrageous predictions statement." If you look at the Original Eagle one preliminary estimate it was not based on 2007 metal prices. It was based on 2008 prices. Noront based their 60month estimate for nickel for instance at a price of $10 not $25. The current nickel spot price is approx. $7.25. On the presentation Noront states in writing: New report indicates discovery will potentially triple in size. Donypee, also posted about govt money coming in for roads which reduces the infrastructure costs for Noront which also has to be factored in. I am not understanding your statement that metals prices have to double. What about a resource tripling as was stated in the Noront July 16 presentation? The prices they used to base their resource estimate are 25% different then today's current spot price based on the original discovery. Definitly not 75% higher.

Please login to post a reply
Babjak1
City
Oakville
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/02/2008
Social Links