Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to sag4tag's message

What I keep in mind respecting the Basic Geology of the Eagle 1 Area is that the Pluton Indrusion (occuring in the NW) caused an uplifting of the Overlying Country Rock (to the SE) and when drilling toward the South West Noront incountered Shear Fault Brecciated Rock which was largely categorized as being Barron with respect to the Ni/Cu/PMG Mineralization caried by the Magmatic Conduit.

To me, an amature (at best), this suggests that trying to do Geophysicals (down hole, on ground, or above ground) in the Interface between Two Regional Structures HOPING to get a clear reading of what lay outside and/or within the Broken, Fractured, essentially extremely tortured rock material would be fruitless. Thus, the effort to do the Platform Hole away from where they believed the actual Mineraliziation Event occured. However, given the somewhat confused (inconclusive) data from the December - January Down Hole Probing (to ~ 450m - 550m depth) and having interpreted the KEEL of the Conduit (08 - 44, I believe it was) to lay in the Western area of the Conduit, it only seems reasonable to me that they would look to place the Platform Hole anywhere to the West, North West, or North of the Known Conduit (unless they believe the Conduit heads deeper into the Indrusive Rock in this/these direction(s). To place the Platform Hole to the South East. on the other side of the Conduit would suggest to me that they are/were looking to have a view of the Upper Surface of the Conduit looking down (over now that the Conduit is characterized as being Overturned) from the Crow's Nest (keeping with the Ship analogy). In either/any case, this suggests they do not believe the Conduit turns Upward (remembering the overturned nature/orientation of the Structure in current Geological Time) flowing OUT Of the Country Rock, to the South - South East.

However, given that this all Originally took place Billions of Years Ago and at Much Greater Depth than is now the situation, Anything is Geolocically Possible. Probable is for the Well Trained Geo's Investivating ALL of this for US and the Increasing Number of onlookers and NEW Participants.

With out any Descriptions/Visuals, knowing where they decided to locate DH 09 - 50 could be very revealing. Subsequent Collar Coordinates would then suggest/provide for very interesting and Highly Educated Guessing and Sprculative Story.

Seems to me that those holding Info Gathering Sessions with Noront Resources over the past week or More have what Our BoD is NOT providing US, their Share Holders, with. The most Simple of Basic Information to work with!

Old Joe

Please login to post a reply
Old Joe
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/16/2007
Social Links