Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
Re: B-Lunist
about 15 years ago
SGE....
over 14 years ago
Re: SGE....
over 14 years ago
in response to milestone's message

.....the pumpers on this board be investigated by the SEC? The article you linked in your subsequent post at 9:40 this evening appears to have involved a group who did a classic "pump and dump", which, of course, first requires the "pump". Might it be just as likely that the pumpers here have been responsible for those rare, not to mention brief, .02 increases you mentioned, only to then sell and thus cause the price to again decline?

Whatever the case, I must say that I fully support you in this regard. However, I would likewise urge caution that any such request by the BoD might well spill over and cause a full-scale investigation by the SEC of everything that has gone on with PTSC over the last few years --- everything from the Swartz PIPE financing and the relationship between Swartz and Johnson, to the payment of dividends on warrants, to the Master Agreement and the giving over of complete control of IP to a private company, to the "fuzzy accounting" that appears to be present with PDSG in terms of the expenses paid to TPL, and on and on. Plus, any idea of a "pattern" of improper trading by an individual or group of such individuals might well get lost in the virtually continuous "plunge off the cliff" (hard to call such a "pattern") that has occurred in the stock price since the Spring of 2006.

Given all of these things, and with the hoped-for re-cert of the '336 how hopefully upon us (again), I would tend, at least temporarily, to join with those who usually scream, "why NOW?" --- I won't call for tar and feathering you, but some of those folks just might. :):):) I don't purport to know how the SEC goes about handling such investigations, but it seems unlikely that, in view of all of the factors mentioned above, undoubtedly among others, the SEC would investigate trading activity without going past the surface and looking at the broader picture. Almost certainly, at a very minimum, any traders accused of such activities would raise all such factors in their defense, and then the horses are out of the gate.

Nevertheless, I will also say that, if the BoD really feels it would be appropriate to request the kind of investigation you have specified, my response is: bring....it....ON!!!! Actually, IMO, such is long overdue.

Best wishes to you and all.

Please login to post a reply
ronran
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2004
Social Links