POET Technologies Inc.

Caution
almost 8 years ago

Folks,

I see a lot of anticipation growing for this meeting on the 28th. I am going to caution everyone here to temper the expectations of what we will be delivered. This meeting is way to close to the PO we just went through, in my mind, for there to be any earth shattering news. If management had any inkling that very good positive news was this close, I don't think they would have let us get crushed like this in the PO. May they be able to point to good things coming? Yes, im sure they will. Will they be able to offer revenue guidance? They said they would, so I expect that, maybe it will be slightly better than what most hope for? Can they fill in all these blanks that shareholders have? Probably not! They may add a bit a clarity, but I look for this to be a simple guidance type of meeting. Truth is we are probably looking at first quarter of next year before anything earth shattering. Why do I say this? Mostly because it takes time to spend money. Whatever the growth plan is obviously includes spending decent chunks of money. I have been in the Contracting field for a long time and know that when you talk about building a 10-20 million dollar facility in a foreign country, that takes time! Maybe a year or more ( I am going with more ). Large equipment purchases have lead times that can extend into several months. They don't have these machines laying on a shelf, they are custom built. And installing precision machinery takes time and training. Everything I have seen them talk about indicates they need time to complete "the plan". Doesn't mean that R&D is not happening, and the DL is not making sales! But....The Fully Inegrated OptoElectronic in Plane devices that we want to push us into the future require more infastructure.

I would love to be wrong here, and truly hope that I am! But i just encourage caution as it pertains to getting all your hopes up that the 28th is the make or break day...it isn't.....its just the begining of the very real process of establishing a company that is not all about inflated dreams of a buyout or giant JV with a massive company. Could those things still happen? Yes. But our management team is building a buisness based on going into production alone ( using sub contractors for some things, and partners also ) but they wil actually build things.

I hope this doesn't come across wrong, its hard to convey in writing sometime what the actual intent is, but I really am trying to encourage rather than frustrate. Turr said it the other day, now is the time to be buying if you are not already loaded. FJ just told us that management will not reprice options, so if you can slowly work your strike price down below managments options then you will probably come out to the good. These guys know what they have and are going to make it succeed, it just may not be the explosive "up and to the right" everyone has been looking for, not a hockey stick, but good steady growth with maybe a good jump here or there based on emotion.

Good luck to all and lets see what comes.

BCD

Please login to post a reply
bluecollardollar
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/17/2012
Social Links