e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
PACER
about 13 years ago
Re: PACER
about 13 years ago
about 13 years ago
about 13 years ago
Re: PACER..Dischino..
about 13 years ago
about 13 years ago
about 13 years ago
about 13 years ago
Re: PACER / SS
about 13 years ago
Re: PACER..Dischino..
about 13 years ago
Re: PACER - SS
about 13 years ago
about 13 years ago
about 13 years ago
about 13 years ago
about 13 years ago
Re: Panasonic
about 13 years ago
Re: Panasonic
about 13 years ago
about 13 years ago
in response to silversurfer's message

Yes, one would reasonably think there would be a PR about this.

At what time on 9/12/11 was the PACER posted? This may be indicated in blue text across the very top of the page of the document within the PACER system (upload time).

So IMO there is the possibility that the PACER was processed late in the day or even in the evening. This PACER does "suggest" that an agreement may have come during the day yesterday, and perhaps suddenly/unexpectedly or very late in the day.

What I'm leading to here is that perhaps the PR is "in the mail"/forthcoming. And I suppose there is also the possibility that they believe they are near settlement with others, so they're holding off on announcing this settlement so they can issue a combo PR.

But IMO the bottom line is that (historically) this is a material event, so they have three days (or is it five?) in which to report to shareholders and file an 8K with the SEC. I wouldn't draw any conclusions quite yet due to a lacking PR.

All that said, it may be as you suggest and they were let off the hook due to non-infringement (based on Markman result), or that a condition of settlement was no PR. On the latter, this wouldn't make too much sense to me. There are/were known to be engaged in litigation; a settlement is good news for BOTH sides.

FWIW,

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined