POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Orange Cat's message

Are the facility upgrades in Singapore meant to replace "Wavetek" for manufacturing ?

Not at all. Wavetek represents great capacity which can be ramped up very quickly if required. POET has talked about a hybrid of both in house and outsourcing as part of their business model and it leads to selling products directly as well as licensing. Suresh has talked about the engagement at Wavetek as being very good and felt they could make up for lost time as a result.

What they are doing at DL appears to be the integration of all technologies as well as the ramping up of DL products. 

I think the DL location given that it was underutilized so significantly will be where they:

On Oct. 17, 2016, Poet Technologies Inc. entered into an agreement with the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) to expand Poet's research and development (R&D) operations in Singapore.

Poet, through its acquisition of DenseLight Semiconductors, reaffirmed its strategic intent to expand its R&D and manufacturing operations in Singapore. Poet will establish an integrated photonics centre within its current operations to further develop and commercialize differentiated photonics and opto-electronic products. This is expected to increase market penetration and enhance market acceptance of the Poet portfolio as it is introduced. This centre signifies the growing importance of integration in photonics applications as a means to drive increased adoption and improve Poet's competitive positioning. The Singapore operations will further the development and production of Poet's key technologies, including those developed with the joint program Poet established with the Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE) in Singapore earlier this year. The planned initiatives are expected to gradually add up to 30 engineers and scientists to Poet as the R&D centre is established.

So the question I have been toying with. We are continuing to see new job posting reappear for DL. It would not surprise me if this were part of the above initiative.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message