Zenyatta Ventures Ltd

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but I haven't seen the topic discussed during the time I've been invested in ZEN. I'm also invested in NOT and KWG, and while doing some DD a few days ago, I realized that there's a connection between the companies. Anyway, it was news to me, so I hope it'll be news to some of the readers/posters here too.

The Albany deposit is located near the Constance Lake FN tribe, who is one of the nine Matawa FN tribes whose traditional lands cover the Ring of Fire.

IMO that might be a blessing in disguise!

I'm generally concerned about the very real possibility that FN interests might delay any mining development. There has been a lot of debate about the subject on the NOT and KWG forums, and to me there is no doubt that FN issues is the main reason why NOT have not been able to start work on their Eagles Nest deposit this winter.

So generally I was also concerned that FN issues might delay ZEN when they get they get to the stage where they'll have to negotiate an impact benefit/revenue sharing agreement, but after realizing that Constance Lake FN is a Matawa member, I'm not so worried.

As you might know, the Provincial Government of Ontario and Matawa signed a Regional Framework Agreement in April 2014. Subsequently the Matawa tribes have had discussions within their communities about what their demands should be for the Regional Agreement with the province. The primary concern for the five northern tribes is infrastructure issues, but at the same time they'll negotiate e.g. revenue sharing at a regional level, and that might save ZEN a lot of trouble (delay) when that time comes.

The Matawa and Provincial Government held their first formal meeting of phase two, which is the actual negotiations, on the 5. February. The big question is how long it'll take for them to reach an agreement. I suspect it might take between six months and a year.

My point is, that that probably isn't a problem for ZEN at this stage. The important thing is that other companies have been held hostage for years, and for exactly that reason ZEN will not be held up, as the Regional Agreement will cover all the issues that ZEN would otherwise have to negotiate individually.

Further I'm very exited about the fact that the Federal and Provincial Governments will host a joint press conference with four of the five northern Matawa tribes tomorrow at the PDAC.

Rumour has it that the subject might be federal/provincial funding for an east/west all year acces road to the Ring of Fire, that would at the same time connect the four tribes to the outside world. That would be hugely positive for especially NOT, but at the same time for the regional negotiations as a whole, so I'm hopeing-hopeing-hopeing that the rumours are true.

I would appreciate comments or opinions?

GLTA all ZEN, NOT and KWG longs!

DRA

Please login to post a reply
DRA
City
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined