POET Technologies Inc.

Klompen, I must admit, I can't read your posts any more. You seem to be saying the same thing over and over again?

I liked the ad for its simplicity and to the point ease of understanding. Remember it is not just about having an efficient chipset. It is about integration and the bottom line cost savings to remove packaging of multiple chips. POET reduces the space requirements occupied by all the chips that currently are jammed into the smartphone leaving more space for more gadgets.

As Per SG’s CIC presentation:

04:55 – That brings me to the next point. Our technology enables the integration of analog, mixed signal, high-speed digital and optical components all in the same device.

05:09 – So, just a point on this. Enabling Integration, what does it mean? So, in your smartphone, whatever kind of smartphone you have, Samsung, Apple, or Blackberry, you have about eight or nine analog chips inside your smartphone, and three or four digital, high-speed digital chips that are like computers, like the A7 processor for Apple for example. It’s like a Pentium processor. They’re all fabricated today with their specific manufacturing process. They can’t mix analog with digital today.

05:45 – So, our technology could enable companies like Samsung and Apple to start integrating these chips together and have less devices on their bill of material, simpler manufacturing and benefitting from integration from savings – power savings and manufacturing savings – better yields in manufacturing etc. And that will deliver smaller phones in the future. With the power savings they could either shrink the battery and make the phone thinner, or keep the battery the same size and you will only have to charge it maybe once or twice a week instead of every day. So, lots of potential there. That’s just one example of many of where we could use this technology.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message