POET Technologies Inc.

Atomic
about 10 years ago
in response to Andrea Koch's message

BINGO!

The ever increasing number of options is the biggest threat to us retail investors - and I believe is the real reason for the reverse split. Those of us who have been on this forum (and SH before) know the volatility of the stock - engendered in no small part by the postings on this board(i.e. we get a new board member and given his connections, knowledge of the industry,etc. and this is our salvation, big things are around he corner, milestones etc.). The stock rallies and the professional traders and insiders with large stock positions sell their cheap options and shares into strengh. The sad truth is that this technology is not under the radar of prospective partners/buyers of the company - management has being trying like crazy for the last 4 years to convince the Intels of the world that POET is their salvation - and the pool of retail stockholders (40%?)from and to which the pros buy and sell has to remain relatively stable for these moves - in other words the strong hands (?gullible), the visionaries(naive?) must remain convinced for the market to be there to unload the cheap options and shares out there. However, you can go to the well only so often (I think those selling into this last rally were disappointed they couldn't sell higher despite 2 back to back'positive' NRs). My point is that the traders are already making large returns on these swings- but as more options are issued or come due - a larger market is needed - hence the need for a NASDAQ listing). The move to the NASDAQ benefits the traders in this stock (as long as the narrative about the company remains plausable - and why I'm still in)- but has nothing to do with the company's success or failure. JMHO

Going out to dinner now - so won't catc up for a few hours.

Please login to post a reply
jrubinst
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/24/2013
Social Links
Private Message