Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Board clutter
about 15 years ago
in response to hoov's message

Why'd I repost those? Because the problem is still a problem. I hope everybody reads them again, please. Please do that.

I have no interest in being your censor. I have not interest in trying to control other people's posting habits. But if you won't do it, somebody will do it for you.

This board has such huge volume, that we have to develop better guidelines than the basic ones laid in the six rules of use. My mental standard is the poor guy still using dialup, who waits 20 seconds for the next post to load, and sees: "your a basher. I've reported you. get lost." Why do I have to look at that? Why does anybody have to look at that? But if you can't help yourself, that's a PM. It doesn't belong on this board. And maybe you don't either.

I have never centred anybody out on this board, and I never will. I am pretty tolerant of what goes on here. If I see some sort of problem developing, I'll PM the person or persons and try and sort it out. I'll identify the problem, and ask for specific changes in behaviour to make this board a better place for all of us. Sometimes people are really good about it, but the crap I get in return is a growing burden. I don't care how long you've been a member of Agoracom, I don't play favourites. I'm asking for your co-operation. If you put OT in front of a post, then aren't you proving you already knew it didn't belong here? And I don't care who started it. If two or three of you are going at it, then I speak to each of you separately, and that's none of your business.

I've managed people my whole life. I can't just sit by, and watch a group slide into anarchy. That's probably how I came to become a manager in the first place. It's just a characteristic of who I am.

What's going on is bringing me to a decision point. Either things sort themselves out, collectively and co-operatively, or I'm out of here. That's a decision I'll have to make for myself.

I'm not looking for cops to patrol the board. I'm looking for law-abiding citizens. If your post is not of general interest to Noront shareholders, then please do not hit the submit button. We won't need cops, if you do that. If everybody does that.

I really think the off-topic board is under-utilized. That's just one way this board can become more efficient. I'm sorry to have to post this here, but I think this is a subject for all to consider. Any follow-up posts should go to the off-topic board, please.

Thank you, everyone.

Lar

Please login to post a reply
hoov
City
Millbrook ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined