POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Rainer's message

I think those statements re mitigation of the financial risk and market risks are very consistent with their knowledge of industry in terms of POET being the only fully integrated solution that provides a deep reduction of cost compared to any competing technologies. That would be the mitigation of market risk. And in terms of mitigating financial risks they knew at the time of that CC what the financial position/burn rate is and I think they are confident that money will be sourced from partnerships/customers. We have already seen this happen with the IMRE deal for the non-core application of microdisplay. I think the next thing we will hear about is IR sensing and we are told that they are in advance discussions.

• Poet has received specific interest in applications from prospective customers and is in advanced discussions to license, for non-recurring engineering fees, and transfer its proprietary integrated planar opto-electronic technology. Included in the talks is the proposed establishment of a platform for the development of integrated sensing applications.
  • Poet is in advanced discussions with a leading institution to enter into a joint development agreement that will evaluate the adaptation of the Poet platform for potential applications in microdisplays for the burgeoning augmented reality market.

From my point of view I think the fact that IMRE is spending money and resources points to the confidence of the viability of the POET platform. But ultimately this is what industry and the market are waiting for in order to sign and make firm commitments.

Let’s hope that if they can announce the results of the “advanced discussions for integrated sensing” which is associated with NRE that the market finally begins to credit POET with those achievements.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message