POET Technologies Inc.

Apple
over 8 years ago
in response to fairchijisback's message

Good speculation, Fairchij! I tend to agree with you, regarding "too busy" and "lesser importance by comparison", although we cannot be sure of course.

What we can definitely expect in the conference call is an update on those items that POET has put on its agenda and that we have been told about on 2015-09-30.

1. Have external epitaxy sources been established? This has been targeted for Q4/2015, so I am expecting a positive answer. We might perhaps also learn who the epitaxial vendors are.
  2. What is the status of the transfer of the POET technology to Anadigics manufacturing operations? This has been targeted for Q4/2015 to Q1/2016. So this is not quite due, but I am also expecting a positive answer (see next item).
  3. What is the status of the functional VCSELs, detectors, and NFETs at the foundry partner (Anadigics)? Since this is also targeted for Q1/2016 and item 2 is a prerequisit for it, I would assume that item 2 is completed or will be completed by 2016-02-16 and that they are busily working on the VCSELs, detectors, and NFETs by then.

That's my conservative estimate. For a more progressive estimate, I am taking the CS International Conference in Brussels into consideration, which will take place just two weeks after the conference call. Therefore by mid February Suresh should pretty well know what he can show at the conference and what he can't.

We know that Suresh would like to not just give a talk, but to also present something haptic to the audience. What could that be? Perhaps the VCSELs, detectors, and NFETs POET is targeting for in Q1. However, since Suresh's talks will be about "A comprehensive technology platform for opto-electronic integration", he might be inclined to demonstrate something integrated. I don't really expect the fully integrated VCSEL transceiver (which is targeted for Q2), but perhaps some preliminary results.

I wouldn't rule out that in the conference call, Suresh might reveal what he is going to present in Brussels. And personally, I am very excited to be able to make the trip to Brussels and take part in Suresh's presentation!

So there's quite a spectrum of advances POET Technologies could have made by now resp. by 2016-02-16, and I am keen to learn about the more detailed, more granular status of our company. And for the record, I don't expect any bad news.

Please login to post a reply
Rainer
City
Dortmund
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/13/2014
Social Links