Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Auminer's message

You bet Au.
When I was young my father was a fair disciplinarian so profanities from me then and still now are out of the question.
But the following - "If we don't get this right, there won't be a project in the Ring of Fire" tempts me to go against my upbringing.

No matter how badly they would place and build a road to the Ring of Fire it Would get developed. To imply otherwise is an outright lie.

What decision awaits is the placement of the detailed route so that maximum benefits and efficiency is realized for the communities near it. Of course there will be griping from a few communities because they want the road near them instead of their neighbours. That is what political leaders are for. They are supposed to achieve a compromise with them in reasonable time and if faced with intransigence to impose a solution insted of wasting time.
It will Never be perfect.
Want perfection then build several roads and perhaps a couple of railways, BUT that takes time and money which is not yet available. So provide the permits, build A Road. Get Eagles Nest operational. Collect taxes. Convince the Feds to use the money saved from less expensive support for the natives to help fund the railway. AND based on that sequence of events, start dreaming up further development solutions of how to finally get it 'Right', once the chromite taxes start flowing, perhaps if decades later. It is almost a decade already with next to nothing to show for it.

As it is now it is only getting it Wrong. Time is money in case they are not conscious. It is also more poor health and social problems in the communities. Justin instead of throwing money at water problems should do so on roads and achieve not only same but probably more.

Sorry for this weekend rant but the frustration is getting to me. ( Am sleepless at this moment, will releave stress later with brewsky in hand watching the Euro 2016 game between Germany and Italy, I'm for Germany to the end.) GLTA, Ed.

Please login to post a reply
Edgy
City
southern Ontario (often in Europe)
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/20/2006
Social Links