Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to hoov's message

Alright political it is. Several months ago I emailed my MP (Yvonne Jones) with direct inference to her that the the ROF ought to be very important to her. By way of explanation I let her know of Cliffs (a major employer in her {and mine} district) involvement in the ROF with the logical conclusion that the financial health of Cliffs ought to be important to her; furthermore that the whole ROF development ought to be talked about much more by the Federal Liberal caucus.

I did get a couple of emails from her executive assistant, but have not yet had the time to complete the requested telephone call. One email stated in part:

Also Trudeau said this about it in a recent media interview:

A Liberal federal government would play a key role in helping Ontario develop the Ring of Fire by providing matching funds or loan guarantees similar to those offered in the Upper Churchill to develop infrastructure, says Justin Trudeau.

So....if this is indeed to be played out at least partially in the political arena (and I do believe it will) how about all forum members lobby their respective MP’s and provincial MLA’s to bring not only the media spotlight on this, but get this even more on the agenda federally and provincially. A blitz of emails to Yvonne Jones would not go astray....she can be a very vocal advocate to be sure.

Good discussion as of late but let’s remember to keep it respectful and I believe that somewhere around July 22nd is the end date of the EA process if it follows the exact timelines as per:

Sorry I tried to post a link to my reply to Edgy after the EA was released but couldn't get it to work....but it details the steps required and the timeframes to approval...something like 30 weeks if it takes the entire time....

GLTA...........Pete

Please login to post a reply
cupcake
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2007
Social Links