Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Sum4All's message

Sum, I can appreciate your comments and concern, but I think you're being extremely hard here. These were the options:

1. finance and keep the doors open,

2. don't finance and shut'er down

So, assuming we want to see the good times, choosing #1 was the only option. Noront, no different than many companies, was in need of a financing of some sort. In fact, i'm sure you have mentioned this in many of your past posts. I think you assumed like many of us, that it would come at the cost of further dilution. Many ROF companies are sitting with 500 to 700M shares outstanding, while Noront is less than half that. I'd say we've faired well given the market conditions of recent years.

If you're arguing that this costed Noront something, I can't disagree with you, nor can anyone. EVERY financing comes at a cost. This is a no brainer. In a perfect world companies would never finance, they'd simply ask a bank really politely for a few million at no cost and promise to pay it back...........but if we're being serious and realistic here, financing is a very normal part of business.

In this situation, this was by far the best form of it. 10% and 8% repayment is actually lower than most recent deals. Many are paying 12%.

I sometimes wonder if some can be pleased. If this was an equity financing for $15 million it would have "costed" around 60 million shares. Would the critics of this deal be happy with that dilution? I suspect they'd be complaining regardless. Can't please everyone. Financing costs folks. This was about the least intrusive financing i've seen in these markets lately. We have just bought ourselves about 3 years.

djje

Please login to post a reply
djje
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/21/2012
Social Links