Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to tapereader's message

Tapereader you write:

"All this reminds me of a comment by an old stock broker actively involved in mining ventures: "Gold (nickel etc) is where you find it. No amount of brains, education or hard work will put it anywhere else."

Perhaps the lack or PRs indicates a lack of finding anything new, rather than an executive strategy. It's pretty hard to keep a major discovery under wraps for long."

I agree it is pretty hard to keep a major discovery under wraps for long. But it can be done.

If you have taken the time to read my posts you will see that some directors at Noront Resources managed to do this difficult task very effectively with Aurelian resources. How could this stock be at 89 cents April 4, 2005 and go up 3 dollars in 24 hrs.? A 240% increase in one day. How did they manage to do this? Where was the leak? How did they manage to keep a discovery like Aurelian at the sixish cent level for one and a half years. Such control. And Rim, my goodness analysts, contractors, etc privy to touching and playing with the blackberry prior to the product being unleashed to the general masses and the price 85 cents in the summer of 1998. And the trading ...ridiculous low volume at these bargain prices. You see, the gold was found. The golden blackberry and the bonanza Aurelian discovery. And many were touching the golden RIM goose. The ones that touched it and sold their shares at 85 cents because they were frustrated at the share price that went from 1.60 to 85 cents...well as you put it lacked brains,education and hard work. If you wish me to work harder I can. I can show you many more examples of Stage 1 Discovery Stage 2 price sucks during accumulation Stage 3 Price allowed to go up when accumulation is complete also know as" control of company is complete". Take a look at Goldcorp in it's infancy. Look at the 2 years of hell over there. Then look to see what happened after. Do you realize Rob Mcewan (the man that found Goldcorp) invested in Noront at $4.00 per share?

Perhaps the old stock broker you are referring to that invested in mining ventures never met up with the likes of some of the sharpest minds in the mining industry aggregated together at Noront Resources.

Please login to post a reply
Babjak1
City
Oakville
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/02/2008
Social Links