Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
news
about 15 years ago
in response to Mrsoul027's message

Mrsoul wrote: this is probably the best development story in Mexico period. The board of ECU have proven to me time and time again that they are not interested in simply boosting the share price at the cost of developing the company through a strong and clear long-term strategy.

We know this. This is why so many on this board invested in ECU in the first place, years ago, when the share price was way lower and then way higher than today's $0.52. If the investor's average purchase price is $3 or above, it is human nature not to want to see the sp back to a break even point.

I take umbrage with statements like like "have patience" or "buy some nice solid banking shares" (I would have made more money buying the banking shares). All jpms have been decimated in the past year, ECU especially included.

What do I want? I want to see gold and silver rise substantially in value, for investor sentiment towards jpm's to be much more positive than it is now, for the market to recognise that ECU is now producing dore and revenue that can fund drilling and exploration of the sulphides that we know is there, and for the ECU share price to be substantially higher than it is today.

Coach wrote: ECU is doing just fine and remains one of the best development stories in Mexico, in my most humble opinion. Unfortunately the long term plan is just that: long term. We wont get there in a couple of quarters.

With all due respect, Coach. Your posts are excellent - clear, concise, and well thought out. I hope that you don't connect today's share price with where they are in their long term strategy. The share price a year ago was 3.5 times what it is today, and IMHO the company is much further ahead today in developing its long term plan than it was then.

There, that is my rant for today. I don't feel much better, though.

Cheers.

Please login to post a reply
lawnbowler
City
London, Ontario
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/23/2008