Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to lawnbowler's message

Hi Lawnbowler,

Everyone has a right to their opinion and everyone has their right to invest in what they believe is right for them. I also knew that it was one of the best development stories in Mexico when I started investing at 2.35! I still have an average price that would require a 4 bagger just to break even! However it's the second part of the quoted text above that is the real point here.

We all know that the current share price has little or nothing to do with ECU. I own a variety of commodity shares and ECU is one of my best 'performers' in the current market. But my personal investing style is not based on current share prices and the 'enthusiasm' for the company at any given time. My personal investing philosophy is that I would like to make a serious profit with ethical and smart long term investing because I have the time... I'm only in my mid-30's. Commodities will be worth far, far, far more than they are today, particularly Silver in the next 20 years... for me thats a fact. Over the same time horizon, there is simply nothing with the future that commodities have. Even in shorter timeframes, I think we are coming to the end of a chapter and a real and lasting run is not far off.

Feel free to invest in banking shares, they are also companies, they also 'speak' to certain investors. Personally I think any 'growth' in value is temporary and based on money borrowed from future generations and therefore unethical and risky. That's my opinion, you are free to your own. I would argue that if you had invested in Banking shares you'd be far worse off on average than in ECU if you did indeed buy at less than the current .52 cents. Heck RBoS were about 600 bucks just two years ago and now your struggling at 45. How about Citigroup... most people probably thought that was an untouchable stock in terms of risk avoidance. Hate to have ridden that down...

The main point I was making is that the majority of the posters here are long term believers who know the story... of course they would love to have a 8 dollar share price... who doesn't like making money? However, many of the newbees who come here from the traditional world of investing don't understand junior mining enough to understand that it is a different beast. Learning from guys like Mike... that's the point. If you like metals, you like the long term prospects of solid commodities, you think the economy is rigged and gasping for air, you think that this company is a good or even great company... you're generally made of patience. I for one believe the patient will eventually make the real money, but it's only one mans opinion.

Please login to post a reply
Mrsoul027
City
Zurich
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/30/2008
Social Links