Silver Falcon Mining

Welcome to the Silver Falcon Mining HUB on AGORACOM (Edit this Message from the "Fast Facts" Section)
NEWS
about 12 years ago
Re: NEWS
about 12 years ago
key words
about 12 years ago
about 12 years ago
about 12 years ago
about 12 years ago
about 12 years ago
about 12 years ago
Re: .0378
about 12 years ago
about 12 years ago
about 12 years ago
in response to spiny's message

I agree. This article makes it very clear where things are at. First, the July 26th vote is crucial to the viability of the mill. A no vote will put an end to the milling operations. No sense running ore through at a loss. Second, SFMI has not applied to the DEQ for a cyanidation permit.

Other concerns are the "Special Conditions" if the CUP is awarded.

"No ore tailings that have undergone the cyanide. leaching process can be stockpiled outdoors, or in any structure not specifically designed to store the waste."

This leads one to ask, where are the leached tailings going to be stored? Will they need to be trucked off site? If so, where and at what cost? Leached ore tailings will pile up over time.

The commissioners also addressed opponents' concerns during their deliberations, including the financial viability of the company and the aftershocks if the firm closed up shop after starting the leaching process."If we would deny this, then we would put them in more jeopardy than they are now," Atkins said. "The worst neighbor is one who's not making money."

The good news is that the County is aware of the impact a no vote will have on the company. As a shareholder I see bigger problems if the permit is denied before the leaching process as that will put an end to the mill and any future operations will have to consider how they will get the metals out of the ore if the County will not allow the only process that works. I suppose SFMI could move the mill to another Count or truck the ore elsewhere but this will certainly put a damper on operations.

SFMI shareholders need a yes vote on July 26th.

Please login to post a reply
FalconFan
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/17/2012
Social Links
Private Message