POET Technologies Inc.

in response to prophecyman's message

Prophecy...it is pretty much a given that POET is not going to share all details. The technology milestone chart has no more milestones on it after the current ones are reported as completed. There is a capability development roadmap that follows suggesting that the existing devices once reported as completed as technology milestones are all that is needed to complete all the development capabilities. So why have they assembled a technology roadmap advisory board? What you see is rarely what is going on. You can make literal translations of what you see but it is highly unlikely that anyone is going to get it right. My understanding is that there are more devices in the POET portfolio that have never been announced. I have no idea what those devices are but there are secrets no question about it. Do you believe that any relationship they have with BAE is strictly black and white? I doubt that is the case. One can see by looking at the co-development and jointly owned IP arrangement that most definitely this is a collaboration. The fact that BAE has opened their doors for POETs commercial development I think speaks volumes. BAE in the past was funded by POET through US defense agency funding. Much of this was seen as a mutual benefit to BAE for the military application in which BAE participation was awarded by military application benefits and joint IP benefits on the co-development. So what is BAE getting out of the new relationship. It is a lot more than just the $900k. It is participation to advance their own interests in POET. In other words in my opinion I very much call what they have is a partnership. I don’t think POET is trying to mislead anyone but more to the point they probably have difficulty expressing relationships because there are many competitive reasons why they need to keep names out of the picture. There was a time when Boeing was a company that POET was considering engaging with (maybe they still are). So information on what they were doing with what military contractor can also be considered as controlled information.

I can’t really put much effort into arguing the differences in terms between collaboration or contact work or whatever because it is what they are doing and for what reasons that one would have to consider when looking at BAE opening their doors to POET. As opposed to BAE being directed by a government agency as a military contractor to work with POET.

Time to get outside…What a gorgeous day!

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message