Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
$7
over 8 years ago
Re: $7
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago
over 8 years ago

As a geologist I trumped all over northern Ontario and much of the lower James Bay area. Depending on where you are it can be amazingly beautiful. That said most of the low lands are called that for a reason. Lots of low land with lakes, rivers, ponds, swamps, scrub bush, peat bogs and moss (lots of moss). To the south and west the land rises and you get higher topography including local areas of glacial build up (eskers).

If you wanted to you could visit and contrary to some statement here you don't need permission of NOT to do so. That’s not to say that you would be welcomed by any of the players in the area including the FN. If you can afford the flight costs you could charter a ski plane or helicopter and go take a look.

All the claims in the ROF area are mining claims and have not progressed to lease. That means the company (NORONT and all others) has the right to explore but doesn't own the surface rights. If you want to take a walk across any unleased mining claim in Ontario you are free to do so as long as you are not engaged in impeding exploration or up to mischief.

The rules are different if the claims are patented (an old process where government granted title and mining rights to mining claims) or leased (the new process where government grants limited surface rights and mineral rights for a defined period of time) where the company controls reasonable rights of access.

All that said, I'd save myself the money and accept that a combination of google earth and videos and photos from the area shows you what you would see if you were to go up to the ROF. But if you want to go, take a GoPro and shoot a video of your trip.

... Been There

Please login to post a reply
Been There
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/12/2007
Social Links