Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to greasemonkies's message

Greasemonkies,

There are HUGE differences between KWG and Noront. In my opinion, KWG offers a higher potential rate of return in the short term IF pieces of the puzzle fall into place. But KWG is a much bigger gamble than Noront. Noront probably offers slightly lower short-term gains in SP (unless financing is suddenly announced, which I believe might still be at least a month away). But in the medium and long term, I think that Noront is a much more stable, risk-free investment. And in the longer term, I believe that Noront has the potential for equally impressive gains. I don't mean to beat up unfairly on KWG, especially since that's where most of my portfolio lies, but I've been in and out of Noront a few times and that's where the safer money should lie.

As for the slurry pipeline, I believe you asked this same question a week or so ago, and nobody answered. As far as I'm aware, based only on memory (I've read pretty much 100% of the posts on this board for the last three years), I believe the slurry pipe plan was put on the back burner some time ago, perhaps approaching a full year ago? My feeling is that Noront is getting their ducks in a row (or has them in place, behind the scenes, and is dealing with the next step in feasibility) and the East/West road could become a reality quite soon.

The level of support needed by Noront for an east/west corridor and other progress absolutely pales in comparison to what KWG would need for a railroad. Noront can make things happen in partnership with private industry. KWG needs government intervention, or very, very big corporate pockets to back them. And until the First Nations issues are resolved, I can only resign myself to further delays.

On a positive note, I'm still young.

Please login to post a reply
MarlboroDog
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2007
Social Links