Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to siegfried's message

Just off the top of my head but I think that the more things are consolidated, maybe the less valuable other properties become?

Both NOT and Cliffs already have enough chromite to mine for a lifetime.

NOT has enough nickel to mine for over a decade.

Only reason to buy property is to create a barrier to entry and I think there isn't much room left for any other majors, no? The little guys can't afford to be there in tough economic times (like the next 10 years).

I also note that Hudbay Minerals is rarely tossed around in ROF discussion, who owns 10% of MacDonald Mines who have the second largest land position in the ROF. They seem to be awfully quiet and letting CLiffs and NOT do all the heavy lifting, but Hudbay has their foot in the door over there.

KWG to Cliffs. FNC and Probe property to NOT/Baosteel. BMK/Hudbay on the sidelines.

Let's get the show on the road/rail already before Baosteel/Hudbay walk away!

That UC deal was a sobering dose of reality unless First Nations and the Government can get their 'stuff' together soon.

Please login to post a reply
brattymack
City
Toronto
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/30/2009
Social Links