Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
kwg and spq
almost 15 years ago
in response to obg's message

Greetings OBG!

"That's the only way to become 'competitive' with slave wage, third world, labour.

I don't suppose anyone here would volunteer to drop their standard of living"

This of course brings another consideration into focus. Large American companies have a habit of taking union bashing to the extreme. Having recently retired from US Steel, (formerly Stelco), I have been watching with interest what they are doing to the Nanticoke facility as I await the upcoming negotiations for the Hamilton Plant. If the lock-out at "the lake" is any indication the battle will be nerve-wracking.

Now the news about Xstrata... How about the Sudbury area in general? Pretty much the same story. I know there are many voices saying that unions are no longer necessary, but the way that people are being treated only increases my conviction that, even though imperfect, they are still a much needed representative in our modern world.

All that to say this: Given the track record of the large multi-national corporations, many of whom are based and have their origins in the good ol' US of A, should we not also consider, just for the sake of the Canadian worker and our sense of Patriotism, that perhaps a ground roots company would certainly have its' advantages in supplying and controlling the resources that are found in Northern Ontario?

BTW, not intending to stir up any beehives but just a thought.

Take Care!

AZUZA (Art)

Please login to post a reply
azuza
City
Hamilton
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined