Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to notster's message

Yes, these series of claims appear to all be in one man's name. I haven't checked them all, but that's what it looks like.

There is an important aspect of the Mining Act that needs to be considered. These claims are for sub-surface mineral rights. The Crown retains all surface rights with respect to public rights-of-way (as for a highway or a railroad), and the claims specifically exclude sand and gravel. Those rights are reserved by the Crown, unless specific exceptions have been granted by the Ministry. All sand and gravel rights are dealt with under the Aggregates Act, not the Mining Act.

Here's a section of the actual claim registration on one of the subject claims. The Crown has explicitly reserved sand and gravel rights.

Claim Reservations

01 400' surface rights reservation around all lakes and rivers
02 Sand and gravel reserved
03 Peat reserved
04 Other reservations under the Mining Act may apply
05 Including land under water

I suspect that this is an attempt by an individual to profit from the announcement of a possible transportation corridor into the ROF. I can't immediately see any possible benefit from these claims, but perhaps this gentleman did know the route that has been surveyed. In that regard, I believe we may have learned something here.

Lar

Please login to post a reply
hoov
City
Millbrook ON
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/14/2008