Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Sudbury Novice's message

I've been involved in a couple of projects where we staked claims out to a right away along a proposed road route. The only purpose in doing this was to avoid running into a situation where the proposed route might encounter or cross a working claim owned by others. In essense it was to avoid potential hassles.

While the ministry has the right to grant surface rights, not having to deal with the rights of others and the delays it could cause is a bonus. At the costs of a couple of a couple hundred $ per claim you have one less thing to worry about while planning and permitting. A small investment when you are looking at billion dollar investment.

Once the route and right away is approved by the government I'd expect the claims along the route to be left dormant and revert back to the crown.

... Been There

Please login to post a reply
Been There
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/12/2007
Social Links