Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)

Thanks to Stevie Ray on the KWG Board for this post:

Interesting. I was on the Mining Lands Section of the Ministry of Northern Development Site and have discovered that there is now a string of mining claims stretching down from McFaulds to Nakina. It looks like it might follow the path of the proposed railway that is shown on the fact sheet posted on KWG's website. I searched one of the claim numbers but it only lists who the staker was and the date. The name means nothing to me. Most companies hire people to stake claims for them, but there is no company listed as having ownership of the claims. Here's the link to the site. Unable to cut and paste the map itself.

http://www.mndm.gov.on.ca/mines/lands/claimap3/disclaimer_e.asp

You need to go to the bottom of the page and accept the disclaimer " YES "

That will load the map viewer. If you look in the Porcupine Division you'll notice a line of claims snaking down from McFaulds to Nakina. Zoom in for a closer picture. One of the claim numbers is 4250325. Staked on the 10th of June, recorded on the 29th of June.

Perhaps there is a more knowlegable person out there who can add more insight into this.

Please login to post a reply
mattusvi
City
St. Thomas, USVI
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/05/2007
Social Links