Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
Re: Thanks JD
over 16 years ago
in response to Bentonstocks's message

"NOT clearly stated in their NR that E1 exists WITHIN a conduit feeder, I would know like to know where the rest of the conduit is, where it goes, and where it comes from, just I am sure most people do. In addition, as you mention in your post, E1 seems to be sheared off to the south, and therefore we should be wondering if E1 is not part of larger sulphide-PGE pool that as been broken up by later geological events." I do agree completely with all of this portion of your reply post.

I also agree that JDF has his very own special perspective on all things Mc Fauld's. I have not read his Conceptual Model post (likely will get to it sometime this weekend though), and am sure it could help in my vain efforts to develop something more that a basic Principals based understanding of the wider area. In the mean time the Mouth (? Banded intervils?) and Throat (Brecciated Magnetite and Brecciated Sulfides) do appear to be consistent with basic Principals indicating the direction toward the Origin of the Conduit. If so, I would then say that the diagram Kiaser posted on his web site back in October could work well as a Schematic to assist in visualizing where the Conduit may likely have been. It would be EXCELLENT if it has not been Highly Deformed and or Depleted of Mineralization during the Geologic Event that put it there (whereever exactly there is) or during subsequent and or ongoing events. Could it be that Noront 's Geo Team has decided to head back to the DE1 area to do as you suggest, and see if, with all the Down Hole Probing/Measuring done there over the Winter, they can now seek and hopefully locate the possible continuation of the Conduit, or perhapse an area where it opened up and spread out into a large or series of Sills, Dikes, and or Mineral Traps of any sort.? Actually, by theory, based on what they have at DE1, if the (or a) Condiut remains in place following DE1 there is plenty of reason to think the Grades could very well be consistent, to some reasonable degree, with what DE1 has sofar demonstrated. With the Host Rock remaining similar to that surrounding DE1, the prospects would very well be reasonable.

Old Joe

PS: Please do not have too many trivial posts to go through this evening or tomorrow, as it would be good to focus on specifics we are capable if looking into and have the time to develop them while leaving plenty of time for the Pleasures of Life.

Please login to post a reply
Old Joe
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/16/2007
Social Links
Private Message