Mannkind

Welcome To The Mannkind HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
Short interest????
over 11 years ago
in response to chmith27's message

Chad,

I must be getting dense; I didn't realize you took an opposing view to mine, so absolutely no offense taken. Beside, I appreciate anyone that can disagree with me by using an intelligent argument. It helps to keep me honest and protects me from confirmation bias.

When Al said that Afrezza might be able to reverse dm2, I took this to mean that the reversal would limited, not that Afrezza was somehow a cure. It seems to me that some beta cells may not be functioning at full potential and by relieving stress on them, they may start functioning again (or that with a combination of a reduction in insulin resistance), but once beta cells die, that's it, there's no bringing them back. My conclusion, and it may be flawed, is that it might be possible for Afrezza to provide some reversal in DM2, particularly in early stage or in pre-diabetes, but mostly, as you said, a slowing of the progression of the disease.

I don't have a medical background, so I rely on whatever I can glean from reading articles that I can find on the Internet and many of the excellent posts on Agoracom.

If, in addition to performing well in controlling blood glucose levels, it can be shown that Afrezza can slow the progression of DM2, it has the potential to displace many of the alternative treatments. You are right that this is not needed for Afrezza to become a success story. All that is needed for Affinity 1 is non inferiority, but I think that there a reasonable chance that we get superiority.

I will read the articles again with your comments in mind. Thanks for your insights.

By the way, I always cringe when I hear Al compare the cough from Afrezza with starting to smoke. You would think his marketing or legal team would tell him to not make that comparison.

Bob

Please login to post a reply
BobW
City
NYC area, Long Island
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/19/2012