Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
news
about 15 years ago
in response to 99921's message

Hi 99921!

Let me qualify my statement regarding pinheads and idiots. There is a blogger who has been taking cheap shots at ECU, and I have posted rebuttle on this forum to his nonsense on a couple of occasions during the last year. There is also this blog by another individual that was posted on my forum recently, here is a quote of his wisdom:

"We are planning to introduce higher grade gold material into the mill and the shutdown was initiated to make modifications to the mill to improve recoveries of this gold rich material.
What, so the other stuff you've been feeding is shit-grade? Dammit, why didn't you tell us before when the stock was touching 90c? You could have saved us all a ton of cash, dudes...bummer...

Productivity of the oxide operations was excellent as we averaged 451 tonnes per day (tpd) during the 19 operating days of June versus last month's average production of 408 tpd. The maximum milling rate for the month of June was 549 tpd versus the 493 tpd achieved in May.
And if you do a quick calculation, you'll work out that ECU has run about 20,000 tonnes of mineral through its pilfered machine so far, which means that the 80,000MT of total oxide ore they had to start with is depleting rather rapidly. So waddadey gonna do when the oxide mineral runs out? Maybe they can try putting through some of that sulfide stuff to see if it works*.

Dore shipments continue on a regular basis with the first of July's shipment having been made recently.
Doré is a brand of savoury crackers down this way...maybe they've confused their mid-morning snacks with production here. The end. " - ENDQUOTE

I consider that type of trash to be the stuff of complete idiots, bashers, and the crowd that hang out on SH. One can try and deal with it in a rational response but its a complete waste of time, like trying to dam a river one shovel full at a time. There will always be a minority of people with an agenda that are trying to create doubt and their objective is to attack the company rather than inform with legitimate comments. I suspect some of these creeps are people that have an axe to grind due to some personal event in their own lives that they wish to avenge. Whatever...

There are plenty of points of criticism that one can take issue with for ECU. It is not a perfect company and the current share price is in some way a refletion of that. Mistakes have been made, the share structure is bloated, debt is an issue, etc. I do not think poorly on those who will point out these facts. There are also many knowledgeable analysts whom I meet with on a regular basis at different project tours, and many of them are completely out to lunch in their lack of information on the status of ECU and the resources that have been defined. These people are not idiots but no one can force them to investigate the company and get the real story. So misinformation is often the rule.

ECU is a large holding for me and I have been to visit the mines twice to keep abreast of the progress and make sure that my money is on the right horse. I am not blind to the issues and I do not have infinite patience and funding to put up with endless setbacks in share price. But I also know how to sort out the noise from the reality and for my point of view, issues and all, ECU is still a worthy junior to own with full expectation of my higher share prices. And I will continue to confront those that lack the common sense to even accurately report the true status of the company in their internet blogs.

Somewhere on the net there has to be room for informed and rational discussion. I have no time for mindless drones repeating the party line and hyping 24/7, and even less patience for bashers. All other discussion is always welcome from my point of view.

cheers!

mike

Please login to post a reply
coach247
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/30/2003