Golden Hope Mines

Golden Hope Mines Limited is a junior mining company trading on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol GNH and on the Pink Sheets in the U.S. under the symbol GOLHF.
in response to brattymack's message

I am a new poster but a long time lurker (NOT & GNH) since 2007.

This is my first post.

Perhaps I can add something to the discussion. I am not an expert but I do have a school book written by experts. It is called Essentials of Geology, written by Lutgens & Tarbuck, and Published by Illinois Central College. It is written in 'layman's' language.

Page 100 deals with Metamorphic Rocks and the section headed Contact Metamorphism says:

quote...."Contact metamorphism occurs when molten rock comes into contact with cooler rock. " It concludes ".......................When larger igneous masses are involved in contact metamorphism, hydrothermal solutions which originate within the magma can migrate great distances. As these solutions percolate through the host rock, chemical reactions with this rock greatly enhance the metamorphic process. Further, ores of numerous metals are thought to result from the emplacement of metalic ions whose source is hydrothermal solutions. These deposits include ores of copper, zinc, lead, iron and gold." unquote.

Obviously, Hydraulic fracturing is not the only method of emplacement of minerals in Canada (just read the rest of the book to see that! lol) but perhaps what was meant by Mr T is that it is a method of emplacement not much discovered and or recognized within the Canadian experience so far.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Boxterfan

Please login to post a reply
Boxterfan
City
Markham, Ont.
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined