over 9 years ago
Re: My 2 Cents
over 9 years ago
over 9 years ago
over 9 years ago
in response to Captaintime's message

Quality post, Captain Time. There's a ton of value in getting the money and the opportunity to move forward now as opposed to waiting for (hopefully) a better buyout down the line. There's no telling what the future would hold if it doesn't go through. Maybe goldcorp would make a better offer, and then again maybe they won't. It's BS that we aren't privy to the drilling result, but cutting off our noses to spite our faces is not the answer either. I am confident that other producers had all the same info as G, and none of them ponied up an offer. I have not yet voted and have gone back and forth as a matter of principle. But we aren't in this for principles, we are in it for money. And the time we have to use that money is just as important as the money itself. On a related note, Dave Palmer made all of us money, and he's now offered us the opportunity to get into his next venture. The only beef you can have with him is that he didn't make you ENOUGH money. Life is too short to have that kind of beef. Most juniors went broke over the last 4 years and we are one of the few that got bought out. Personally, I think we owe him, and all the folks over at PRB that actually work (Karen included), a debt of gratitude.

Please login to post a reply
mtzorfas
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/30/2012
Social Links
Private Message