Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to Biajj2too's message

Thank you for your corrections re: bonuses. Perhaps Cliff was referring to bonuses awarded while he has been designated "interim CEO". The real point I was making is that this is not an "annual event", and that there are currently no bonuses in play.

As for Options, please advise as to how the cost to the company is "significant". My understanding is that those shares are essentially set aside (obligated), and when exercised, the beneficiary pays the company the "strike price" for those shares (i.e., the company is paid back the cost of those shares at the strike price value, which may be - IMO should be - greater than the "cost"/value of those shares at the time the Options were awarded). So IMO, it essentially becomes a "cost of money" thing. At 250k Option shares priced at 10 cents at the time of award, we're talking about a cost equal to the interest that could have otherwise been earned on that money ($25K) until the Options are exercised (if exercised). At a current CD rate of a whopping .75%, that works out to $187.50 per year. At 7.5%, it would be $1,875. per year. The only "magic" about Options is the prospect of an increased share price, beyond the strike price. Then, in addition to paying the company the strike price for those shares, the beneficiary must pay taxes on any profit as regular income.

As always, I am open to correction.

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined