Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to ronran's message

The first question was why didn't they. I responded that since they didn't, I assumed they didn't have to (SEC requirement). You then asked why didn't they, as there is no restriction to doing so. I indicated that the Master Agreement is a possible restriction. My interpetation of the first question was that it considered the news as requiring(SEC) a pr. And was answered that way. I interpeted your question as something different, which is why the different answer. Hope that clarifies.

Back to the restriction. Are you saying the "including, without limitation" is actually limiting this requirement to licensing? It would appear that is the point of contention? Opty

7.6 Public Announcements. From the date hereof until the earlier of the Termination Date or the termination of the Commercialization Agreement, TPL and Patriot agree to consult with each other before (a) issuing any press release, (b) making any public statement with respect to this Agreement or the transactions contemplated hereby (including, without limitation, with respect to the consideration to be paid pursuant to this Agreement or any license agreement pursuant to the Commercialization Agreement), or (c) making any SEC filing, and, except as may be required by Applicable Law, will not issue any such press release or public statement without the prior consent of the other party hereto. In the event a party determines that a public statement is required by Applicable Law, prior to making such statement or filing it shall provide to the other party a copy of such proposed statement or filing at least two Business Days prior to making such statement or filing and shall make such changes as may be reasonably requested by the other party. With respect to any SEC filing pursuant to Patriot's obligations under the Exchange Act or otherwise, Patriot shall give TPL at least five Business Days advance notice of such filing (except to the extent compliance with applicable law shall require a shorter period of advance notice), and shall provide TPL a copy of the proposed filing for TPL's review and comment, including all exhibits thereto, for purposes of determining whether to make a confidential treatment request with respect to any exhibit related to the transactions contemplated by this Agreement. Patriot agrees to make all requests for confidential treatment reasonably requested by TPL and consult with TPL regarding the requirement to make such a filing. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the parties may, on a confidential basis, advise and release information regarding the existence and content of this Agreement or the transactions contemplated hereby to their Representatives in connection with or related to the transactions contemplated by this Agreement.

Please login to post a reply
optymystic
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/02/2006
Social Links
Private Message