Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to optymystic's message

I think , from what I've read, the examiner is giving them one last shot to try and bring the 7 groups of claims together under one "inventive" category as required by the patent office rules. I think the response says 1 month for them to answer her.

If they dont succeed, they'll have to file under separate patent apps. for each grouping. Now I understand why they are trying to do it this way.......if successful they keep the original patent date of the first attempt back in '98...if not they have to start anew and then they get a new more current date which then probably puts them behind other patents who have an origination date between '98 and '08...in other words... existing prior art.

In they can get someone to wrap it all under one "umbrella" of common inventive language then we may have a significant patent app. there....if not, it was at least worth a try but useless(IMO) if made to have 7 separate filings with a current origination date.

Please login to post a reply
emtnester
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/23/2007
Social Links
Private Message