e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
in response to sman998's message

SMAN, I may be a dummy hear but I still cannot get my head around 80% of Patent Claims are invalid......

80% OF ANYTHING stretches the bounds of credulity

Does that mean that anyone challenging the validity of any patent will win that argument 80% of the time, meaning a bona-fide patent holder who invented "anything", who has 100 patents will have 80 of those patents ruled "INVALID".

I have never heard of such a thing and I don't believe a statement like that CAN BE VALID IN ITSELF.

Can you imagine the UTTER CHAOS that would ensue with the millions of bona fide patent holders out there being challenged in an IPR, knowing that 80% of their patents will be ruled INVALID...

That makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE TO ME and I haven't heard of this prior to your post.

Is this something BRAND NEW....A new law, new ruling...etc....???

I have the utmost respect for your ability to find these pieces of information and bring them to us on this board. Could you find out EXACTLY who made that statement, when, in what venue and the reason for it???? I need verification to rest my mind because if this is true this is MIND BOGGLING.

What would be the sense of patenting anything under those parimeters, knowing 80% of the time your patent would be found INVALID.......

GEEEZ

Please login to post a reply
sunpoop
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/20/2004
Social Links