e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
Doni
about 13 years ago
Re: Doni
about 13 years ago
in response to tonyrog42's message

"I just got through reading the entire thing, and frankly this woman is a real piece of work."

" She broke it down to the processing of the audio signal, and said that the Flash Memory is operating as the Main Memory of the system??"

What she is saying is the AD / DA is taking place within the flash....the flash is not making that process happen.

"Okay so yeah isn't that what we have said all along??"

No, What is happening is the flash utilizing a limited amount of high speed RAM in front of it (not eliminating it) combined with the speed of the flash is EMULAING a RAM process. That is why they have the phrase paraphrased..."as the speed of the memory gets better the better it gets"

There is a big difference between EMULATING RAM and doing as she considers.

" I think she has fixated on some odd interpretation that the processing of the signals is somehow done without RAM, and now that invalidates the whole patent?"

That is exactly what she is saying

"I thought, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, that if it has flash memory in it and the device stops working when that memory is removed, then it infringes our patent??"

The device does not stop, a file being executed stops....because, there is a very limited amount of RAM resource out side the flash interacting with the flash passing the signals I/O.

doni

Please login to post a reply
doni
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/14/2004
Social Links