POET Technologies Inc.

As far as we know, POET is the only one to integrate photonics monolithic – today I want to narrow down: as far as GaAs is concerned.

At this board I found links to the pic international conference some days ago. Another speaker at this conference will be James Regan from EFFECT Photonics:

www.picinternational.net/abstracts

Looking at their website, It looks as they already did monolithic integration with InP. They have even shown a working prototype:

http://effectphotonics.nl/news/first-optical-system-on-chip-product-family/

That was March, 2016!!!

To be fair, their Site isn´t very specific in technical informations and there is nothing substantial reported after the presentation of this prototype. So there is room for speculation: Did it work properly? Did they really make it with (monolithic) InP alone? If any of you tech-savvy ones can give me more information I´m thankful.

What worries me:

- InP aims at longer reaches than GaAs, as I learned here. But I learned as well that POET (with Denselight/BB) wants to get a grip on InP markets. Competition in "monolithism"?

- We all hope that showing a working prototype changes everything at once. I am not sure about it any longer, as EFFECT´s prototype was shown back in 03/2016 and none of us even knew it. Or did You know?

I still believe in tremendous possibilities, but be aware of red spots in our blue ocean.

Please login to post a reply
The Holk
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/20/2015
Social Links
Private Message