POET Technologies Inc.

in response to vcselrevolution's message

If PTI wants to make a dollar or two its going to have to trade with China. I think with our managment stars that India is a given.

When recently in Singapore I was interested to see that a fair bit of the Colonial days remained from 1969 when I was last there in its later days as a British Colony. I was most impresssed by the statues, not far from their parliament buildings, of Mao Tse Tung and Ghandi which to me reflected where Singapore was pointed at not necessarily politically but in its trade.

In the mid 80s Early morning in a Hong Kong hotel restaurant, waiting for the first flight out to Nepal, I asked to sit with the only other occupant who turned out to be a charming elderly American gentleman who had been into China to evaluate opportunities. He said if 1 chinese family in a 100 bought a refrigerator there would be more sold than in Western Europe since the second world war. I wonder if it was Warran Buffet recognising the opportunity China presents.

Singapore is a good place to establish links with China and the North Americans here are going to have to get over their fears of the Far East and get real about where the big markets are for POET products.

Yes security is a key issue for PTI and it would be interesting to ask management what is their policy in this regard, but I would not necessarily say that it is China who we should fear, there are as many wolves circling in Silicon Valley born to North American Ways. In London we have to live Russians who murder their dissidents in our Cafes with polonium poured into their Latte.

sula

Please login to post a reply
sulasailor
City
Chester
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/13/2013