POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Moska's message

moska> The task of developing a world-class security plan must certainly be very high on their to-do list.

I'd say.

I'm not so much worried about physical security; they probably understand to lock the door most of the time.

it's the fad temptation to put everything in "The Cloud!" that scares the bejeezus out of me.

I think PTK currently uses GMail for their email, so that means NSA (any FVEY TLA, really) already has all the POET secrets, if they've ever been emailed.

perhaps it was hosted via UConn's IT dept. before that, which -- based on experience with Higher-Ed IT where security is (sad to say) outright laughable -- the goose in that scenario is also cooked.

let's hope that someone has the wherewithal to at least keep the crown jewels air-gapped from the Internet.

they might be scientists and well-educated in their fields, but on this I must admit to having more angst than I'm regularly comfortable with.

it takes a special sort of mind to own a security operations portfolio effectively, and I have trouble identifying very much bench strength in this area on the PTK roster.

maybe I'll be surprised.

are they ...

babes in the woods?

sitting ducks?

Paul Blart?

Chuck Norris?

perhaps industrial espionage (foreign or domestic) is a topic to bring up at the Town Hall?

not that I expect any real content in the answer to such a question, but the way they structure the answer could help to calibrate/gauge an assessment of their awareness of the threat landscape.

GLAL,

R.

Please login to post a reply
robvanhooren
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/24/2013