POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Smoothsailing's message

Re Intel & Samsung:

To my knowledge I have never seen an Intel or a Samsung person at the UCONN lab tour?

Maybe that question would be best directed to Ajit who just made the statement last week that the early adopters will maybe eat Intel's lunch or Samsung's lunch. In addition Ajit suggested he would have loved to know about this technology 2 years ago.

I know that POET has in fact avoided some of the biggest players because they knew they were very vulnerable. I believe that this change in approach was initiated by Adam Chowaniec (RIP).

Clearly everything we have heard from Intel over the year’s points to a company who refuses to admit that Moore’s law has stalled.

Just go back to the original lab tour recording re test station where Jianhong Cai is describing the culture that exist in these companies who spend many $billions to try and make a laser work in silicon.

You have no doubt listened to some of the various symposiums where Intel is described as being the very last to admit that Moore’s law is even slowing down in silicon let alone coming to an end.

I suspect that neither of these companies has ever been offered a look under the hood let alone a design kit. Until they have the ability to measure what POET is then their hands are tied.

I mean Stephane told us at the lab tour that he is not used to working for companies like POET who would provide a milestone chart. But he is also quick to point out that POET is not competing with anyone who has these capabilities so he admits that there no harm in providing that view of what POET is doing.

What could Intel do with that view? They are not going to invest anything until there is evidence and they do not have access to any evidence in which to act on. The evidence will be seen by them when companies start signing deals and by then these companies will have already had a big head start and POET will have a defensible position.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message