over 10 years ago
Re: Q&A
over 10 years ago
Re: Q&A
over 10 years ago
Q&A
over 10 years ago
Hi Folks,
I had a bit of a crazy day and mispoke to a few investors on the timing of a completed chip. I will post this on the other POET forum as well.
For one let me be the first to say that I did misspeak. I for one cannot believe that we are going into May 2014 already. I really am shocked about this fact. That said, my timing is off when I said as of April 2014 we are 12-18 months away from a prototyped chip.
I was jumbling two thoughts together. I wanted to say that since June 2014 is the rough target date for a protoyped chip. We would be looking at minimum for the end of the year for potential partners to kick around the tires of the chip. That would at estimate mean that unless a PDA goes all in before a finished chip happens a revenue generating event would feasibly be 8-12 months away.
I cannot speak on the other items below as they are all questions whose answers are all material BUT not in the public domain.
The SRP plan is built out, it will technically have to go to a shareholder vote for approval at the AGM this year. You will see it outlined then.
You can rely on exchange filings like the 20F for reasonably accurate information as afforded to both investors and the Company under safe harbor of the private securities litigation reform act in the U.S.
Some officer's warrants or options were allowed to be exercised as they would have lost them.
On the volatility of POET's share price. Within reason this is going to be expected as the Company is a micro-cap, pre-revenue stock with no track record or history of generating revenues from its current line of business So without a track record valuating and having the market create a stock price for a stock like POET is very difficult.
I am trying to be realistic here and provide a Wall St. perspective to you. If an immediate pre-revenue, pre-prototype bid to acquire the Company were ever to happen. I fathom that the market would not pay more than a 30%-40% premium of POET's 90 day share price average. At that stage a billion dollar valuation would never happen. For a billion dollar valuation you have to look at my former client Raju Vegesna, CEO of Sify Technologies. He was a chip designer and created ServerWorks which created chips that went into Blade servers. He had a total team of 12 employees at ServerWorks.
His chip dominated the BladerServer market and Broadcomm took him out for $1.6 billion in cash. BUT that was because his chip design dominated the market.
What's really crazy about POET is that at this stage the stock trades up, down and sideways because of the very fact that we won't know what the true valuation of the Company will be until further events happen. The timing for the "catalyst" event to monetizing the POET's IP is getting nearer and nearer. Just note that the monetizing event is not a certainty and that as investor's you inherently take on this risk knowingly.
Microcaps are the riskiest investment an investor can put money into. Just know that when you are buying a Company many Wall Streeter's buy the Jockey and not the Horse. That's all for now! Much of how you invest should be predicated on whether or not you believe Management can take POET from R&D to market and then afterwards how they will orchestrate maximizing the Company's valuation.
1.How soon could a PET chip be in a product for sale?
2.How soon could a Poet chip be in a product for sale?
3.What is the status of a military deal? Is this on the backburner at this time with Poet pursuing commercial partners/ deals?Is BAE producing a working IR detector prototype?
4.Will licensing deals have a significant upfront fee, typically how much would this be?
5.Is Poet going to pursue a Nasdaq listing?How soon?
6.On a scale of one to ten (with 10 being over the moon excited) can you rank interest from potential industry partners in the Poet technology.
7.Is Poet actively pursuing finding a new CEO?
8.In your opinion, will the new P2 valuation be significantly above P1?Will this valuation be released in the previous stated timeframe?
9.Where is that darn Shareholder’s Rights Plan?What is the holdup?
10.Has there been any American/ overseas institutional buying of Poet shares?Do you expect this to happen in the future?
11.Can you speak to the % yield of chips made with Poet’s process (success rate)?
12.Can you speak to the information that was release in the Form 20-F that says Poet technology will be used in a NASA Deep Space Probe initiative?
13.The form 20-F states: “we currently expect to produce a functional prototype by June 2014”is this still on track?
14. Is it true that the company asked warrants older to exercised them?
Please login to post a reply
ChristopherChuIR
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/16/2013
Social Links
Private Message