Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to Strategic Miner's message

Well, I can't say I was offended by it but nor was I impressed. It probably does a good job from some angles as far as advertising theory goes but other aspects stuck out in my mind from my perspective. It probably would have made something of a good beer commercial. Having been involved in a few little productions some little picky things stuck out and of course these are just my personal opinions.

A number of the points that were put out there were unqualified "facts" from people like Tony who? Well Clement is known so I guess that carries some advertising weight but he isn't exactly a geological expert is he so where is the credibility. I would hesitate to use politicians who can't seem to put money where their mouths are when they tout the merits of the ROF. Comparing the ROF to the oil sands isn't exactly a good model in my opinion either as it's not exactly an efficient or friendly corporate entity to be associated with. The "facts" seemed to lack real verifiable details....but I guess it works on a hype level.

On the humorous side, I couldn't help but laugh when the young lady talks about the BTU muscle under the hood of her BBQ and then she rested her hand on it ....and didn't say ouch. Last time I glanced against my stainless I wasn't smiling and exuding niceties. On first watch of the video, on the subconcious level my assumption was that the BBQ was on....but that's just my take.

I asked my wife to watch it and tell me what she thought. She said "is there a reason why they aren't wearing much?" Although the attire is in the spirit of summer months and activities, c'mon guys, it doesn't take intelligence to apply this "technique" to an ad. Like I said, it could have just as easily been a beer commercial instructing on the nutritional value of beer. Some would say that, with what is out there today, this production was tasteful. We live in interesting times with lots of opinions.

Does this ad do anything for the ROF? Who can say for sure? .....but I doubt it. Now the ladies careers may be another story.

Please login to post a reply
Sum4All
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/04/2007
Social Links
Private Message