Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to AUH2O's message

I'll be honest - I'm a bit disappointed. I had hoped for more. But let's focus on the positive!

What I like about this announcement is that it is very focused mandate. The funding is for a study on the E/W road, nothing more, nothing less.

I would be worried if they had been given a broad mandate to examine various routes and issues, because that could have meant endless debate with no conclusion. This is an example of cutting up the RoF development in small pieces that are not too complex to handle.

This mandate is sufficiently narrow that the FN will come to a conclusion within a forseeable time frame (six months?), so that work can probably start next winter. Excactly what NOT needs.

Further it is in line with the duty to consult as the FN themselves are front and centre:

• The project will involve comprehensive community engagement and research, and will examine the benefits of a transportation corridor from a variety of perspectives, including logistical/technical, environmental, economic, and community-based goals and objectives associated with resource development opportunities, such as the Ring of Fire development.

IMO this is a smart approach from the Governments, as the FN will have a hard time being dissatisfied with their own eventual proposal. I bet the FN won't come to the conclusion that they don't want a road, so the only issue is, where to put it.

So it is progress, slow but steady.

Best regards

DRA

Please login to post a reply
DRA
City
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating