Noront Resources

High-grade Ni-Cu-Pt-Pd-Au-Ag-Rh-Cr-V discoveries in the "Ring of Fire" NI 43-101 Update (March 2011): 11.0 Mt @ 1.78% Ni, 0.98% Cu, 0.99 gpt Pt and 3.41 gpt Pd and 0.20 gpt Au (M&I) / 9.0 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inf.)
in response to BENJY's message

I feel that the big issue here is not infrastructure, but the FN's. Unless the FN's are on side, building a road or rail might be putting the cart in front of the horse. And although we talk about the Ring being a "once in a generation" opportunity, I think that if the negotiations with the FN's proceed appropriately, that will be an even bigger "once in a generation" step forward. What happens with the FN negotiations may have an effect on the entire country for generations to come.

So although I'm certainly not a fan of the provincial government, I think that if they didn't "get it right" there would be just as much criticism that they rushed things.

Can the liberals announce a commitment to road-building before negotiations with FN's have been completed? That's the big question in my mind. I think that if they announce it in a way that reinforces the concept of the road benefitting FN communities in the region, they can.

I'm glad you wrote that Benjy, it always feels good to vent.

Please login to post a reply
MarlboroDog
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2007
Social Links
Private Message